This game is great fun, and only takes up around 90 MB of disc space. If you've got some spare time and like space I highly recommend it. The only two bad things I found while playing. the first was that there is no FPS limit setting, so the game will drain a lot of resources to get as many FPS as it can. The second thing is that in some areas the English is a little bad, so I made a Language Overhaul mod in case you're interested. Just unpack it and slap it in the mods folder of the game.
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
New Update: 0.9.0: Hull building, new Campaign, new cockpit, weapon reloading, high ship speed support, rover cargo and suitdock, hitmarkers, multi deck ships, 10 times larger sectors, new soundtracks, new ship
- 3D (realistic 3D space / 6 axis ship driving)
- Reach the galaxy center
- They are filled with quests, traders, loot, repair/upgrade options and much more
Encounter friendly races
- To get rewards, reputations and more missions
Trade with locals
- Lots of regular items can be obtained through trading at stations, if you know where to find them you can get very rare offers from hidden traders
Defend against Rogue Drones
- They come in waves, be prepared with enough ammo
Loot your prize
- Drones are full of loot, dangers and dismantable components
Repair your ship at Spacestations
- Drone fighting will leave scars on your ship, stations can help
- If you enjoy pressing buttons this is the game for you
Mine the asteroids
- Use your ship weapons to take down asteroids and the ore grabbeer to bring the ore into the ship easely
Take care of your survival bars
- Eat, sleep, use the toilet, heal, drink and raise your morale
Craft your tools & components
- Lots and lots of recipes and crafting blocks
Organize your inventory
- The most advanced shortcuts for inventory management you will ever see
- Build with hundreds of functional and decorational blocks
- Use your tools to upgrade the starter blocks into end game blocks
Farm food to survive
- Hydroponics will keep your belly full, especially if yuou also have a cooking station
- Use the MFM drive to travel to planets in sectors
Use the rover to move faster
- Use the orbit elevator to get yourself and a rover to the planet surface
Raid planet bases
- The most important loot will be found in those enemy bases
- I use Photon Networking to host servers without having nat problems but only 20 players can play online at a time
Regular big updates each few months
- Small updates take 2 weeks, Major updates 8 months and Regular updates 2 months
The game is in Pre-Alpha so expect bugs and incomplete features
Version history (Click to expand)
v0.9.0- New campaign
- New hull editing framework
- New cockpit
- Player weapon reloading
- Multi deck ships
- Support for very high ship speeds
- 10 times larger sectors
- Rover inventory and suitdock
- New trading ui
- New soundtracks
- New challenge game mode
- New Riroa9 ship
- Lots of new items and recipes
- Tweaked all loot tables
- Trajectory calculations
- More than 2 player multiplayer
- New space dust particles
- Support for audio modding
- New liquid handling
- Debug teleport command
- Rewrite for the majority of code
- Block modding
- New fps animations
- New spacesuit
- Reverse boosting
- Lots of fixes and optimizations
- Realistic personal thruster option
- New save panel design
- Advanced saving options
- Removed speed limitation for blocks
- Looting and crafting balancing
- Pause singleplayer game
- Block groups
- New consumable items
- Drone attack options
- Suit oxygen consumption/refilling
- Block destruction vfx
- New item icons
- New station services ui
- Dodgeable interior turret bullets
- New ship combat mechanics
- New targeting GUI
- New menu GUI
- Picked items GUI info
- Item balancing
- Redesigned planetbase
- Multiplayer lobby
- Added servers for all continents
- Many bugfixes
v0.8.2- Configurable key bindings
- New UI
- Rocket launcher (player weapon)
- Marked explored sectors
- New controls
- Singleplayer mode
- Custom spawned item mesh
- Bullet spread
- Smooth custom item models
- Working tools: upgrade/dismantle/damage/repair/pickup/destroy/move/rotate
- Error/warning suppression
- Multiplayer bug fixes
- Multiplayer waving
- Several new blocks
- New stack sizes
- More configs for gametypes
- Working researchdock
- Block info while holding tool
- Better creative item list
v0.8.1- Many new held object models
- 3rd person driving
- New driving screen
- Ship design image
- Lots of bug fixes
- Better Autopilot
- Better modding support
- Many other new features
v0.8.0- Vehicles (Rover, Fighter, Esc.Pod)
- New Ship building system
- Room Framework
- Sectors are 1000 times bigger
- Ships move way faster
- New main ship: Riroa8
- Liquid Management Console
- New drone
- New spacestation
- Proper Multiplayer
- Multi-mod support
- PDA Ship Designer
- PDA Mission
- PDA Maps
- Liquid handling
- Refuel/Repair/Upgrade Ship at spacestation
- Craft & scrap spacesuit
- Pry open airlock
- Lens flares
- New looting items
- New blocks
- New missions and dialogs
- New hud icons(players/point of interests/sectors)
- Relative Multiplayer positioning
- Optimized saving filesize
- Optimized network messages
- Nuclear fuel replenishing
- Made ammo easier to craft
- Modable planets
- New camera system
- New skybox
- Rocket engine vfx
- Working fusebox
- Better folder management
v0.7.2- Ghost building
- Crafting tabs
- Specialized asteroids
- Ship status screen
- Energy status console
- New energy system
- New looting system
- New saving format
- 3 new blocks
- Persistent error logging
- New console framework
- Lots of buttons changed
- Spawn ship with given faction
- FPS walking and running animations
- System auto-deactivate
- Overwrite friendly Mods
- Improved planet spawn algorithm
- Modding support
- New tutorial
- Planet bases
- Planet elevator
- New settings
- New sound effects
- New tutorial ship
- Anti-pers. turrets
- Hook gun
- New items
- New blocks
- Cooking station
- Player death
- Multiplayer fixes
- New panels
- Autohide subconsole
- Configuration Files
- New Game Framework
- New Menu
- New Settings
- 124 New Items
- 104 New Recipes
- Mfmj Between Systems
- Changed Some Buttons
- New Ship
- Repaired Asteroids
- New Inventory System
- New Inventory Sprites
- Working Multiplayer
- New Building System
- New Fps Hands
- New Useitm Animations
- Trading (With Npc's)
- Working Npc Dialogs
- Ship Repair In Spacedock
- Item Drop/Pick/Destroy
- Logging Panel
- Saves In Chronological Order
- Auto Firing Mode
- Reduced File Size To 60%
- Creative Godmode
- Move With 02 Cannister
v0.6.1- Shield console
- Auxiliary power console
- Ctrl. panel console
- Multydirectional shields
- New cockpit drivehud+buttons
- Door safety release levers
- Move inside moving ship
- Solar panel
- Landing pad
- Seating down
- Dynamic ship collider
- New ship movement
- New power systems
- Damage hud popups
- Target indicators
- 3 autopilot functions
- New Ship
- 52 new blocks
- New spacedock
- New spacestation
- Complete console redesign
- Server listing
- Automated doors
- Ammo consumption+ reloading
- New drone
v0.5.4- New engine console
- Mineable asteroids
- Riroa5 got refitted
- New blocks
- New airlock mechanism
- New ores
- Custom cargo spawner
v0.5.3- New weapon console
- Working pistol
- New ship weapons
- New objectives for the game
- Drone AI
v0.5.2- Warping system
- Brand new console
- Infinite universe
v0.5.1- Save & Load
- New items
- New gui for equipped item
- New helmet
- New player models
v0.5.0- More ships
- New spacestation
- 3 missions
- Working escapepod
- EVA suit(+mechanics)
- New gametypes
- New building blocks
- New tutorial
- Can use food & water
- Many bugs fixed
v0.4.8- Sound effects
- Main theme
- Added tutorial
v0.4.7.1- Bug fixes
- New gui system
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||3D, buttons, Crafting, Exploration, Farming, First-Person, Loot, Space, Space Sim|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Multiplayer||Local multiplayer, Server-based networked multiplayer|
|Player count||1 - 16|
Download, extract & run.
- v0.9.0 Changelog64 days ago
- v0.8.4 ChangelogApr 29, 2020
- v0.8.3 ChangelogFeb 04, 2020
- v0.8.2 ChangelogDec 25, 2019
- v0.8.1 ChangelogOct 29, 2019
- v0.8.0 ChangelogAug 17, 2019
- v0.7.2 ChangelogDec 25, 2018
- v0.7.1 ChangelogSep 29, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Happy to hear you like the game.
I always use vsync on(or half) and that limits the fps to 60 or your display refresh rate (look in settings). But it's easy to limit the fps so I will add that in next updates.
For the english, I wrote the dialogs about 2 years ago when I implemented that feature and I never updated them, when I will add some story to the game I will revise the dialogs. If you want I can include the mod in the next version release.
If you wish to include the mod, that's all up to you, as my mod slightly changes how some of the dialogues go. Also, happy to hear you're adding an FPS cap in the next update, that's been my biggest issue since I dislike VSync.
Anyways, you're doing an amazing job, keep it up buddy.
good to see you're making good progress there man keep it up :)
ps haven't played in months
looking forward to it!
You're doing awesome job man! Looking for a more free time to get more into it and maybe check multiplayer with my brother. Keep it up! Greetings from Poland.
PS Im using linux and so far everything works flawlessly.
My textures bugged out when I tried to create a sandbox world. I think activating the built in mod caused it. Can you please fix it?
- I see posts faster on Discord.
- First, what OS do you have and is it 32b/64b?
- Did the textures work before?
- If you think there is a issue with a mod you can delete that mod to see if it fixes the problem. You can't corrupt the vanilla files just by activating a mod.
- What do you mean by bugged textures? Incorrect textures, deformed textures or pink/missing textures?
- Did you try re-downloading the game? perhaps the archive got corrupted while it was downloading.
I'm using windows 10, the textures did work before, I deleted the game and reinstalled it so I didn't try to delete the mod. A picture of the textures is at the top of the comment. I have redownload the game, I haven't tried it yet though.
Is there a Error folder in the game folder? if so can you send it to me to check if there were any errors.
If it worked before redownloading should fix the issue.
windows 32b or 64b?
integrated or dedicated graphics?
The issue aren't the textures but the world precision.
Textures display correctly, the models have incorrect dimensions, this happens when you move far away from the center of the universe but the game should compensate and reset the position of the player to avoid this type of issues, not sure why this is not happening in your case.
Thx for the 0.8.4 release that fix my problem thank you
I Have a problem when I'm in combat with the drones, when I'm in combat my frames drop down to 10 frames (ussally around 30) and when I escape the drones are still in the background they keep my fps very low. So would you mind just placing one drone per attack and once you get too far away from them they should just disappear.
In 0.8.4 there is a option in menu that sets the count of drones per wave. Also I added a weapon that disables drones in case you don't want to fight one.
0.8.4 is coming today/tomorrow.
What specs do you have? even on my cheap potato laptop I was getting 60 fps in combat, I think the issue is not with the game but with the graphics library, do you have directX10 or 11 or OpenGL latest version? also what OS do you have?
i am so confused on how to start. when i go into the new game menu, there is no button or anything to start. please help! (im on a mac)
how do you use the command console
Options=> show panel log or something like that (button under title)
-in game it's F7 (or F8/F9/F6 )
-look in the key bindings at debug
# for debug info F1
ok thanks for the help
oh and whats sandbox because it should be like able to build anything without resources
The most important differences between gametypes are the starting ship and the starting mission. Building anything without consuming the block comes from creative mode which is on top of the gametype (in next version creative mode is replaced with debug mode).
how does creative mode work i cant make anything it says cant build please help!!
If you toggle creative mod you can access the creative menu without pressing F1 (debug mode), and you don't consume the block after you build it. If you experience errors you can report them on discord so I can fix them.
Keep up the good work man
Man I love this game. games with maximum controllability and most importantly LOTS OF THINGS TO INTERACT WITH. I really hope you will keep working on this game because it is a really good game.
If you think now's good then you will definitely be surprised by what's coming in 0.8.4/0.9.0 .
Hey man love the game, been with it for a while. My one complaint is that the endless waves of drones even in sandbox gets annoying becasue i dont have time to craft/build. Wondering if there could be an option to toggle this in sandbox? Either way, love the work
Thank you, drone waves actually end after the specific number of drones has been spawned. To disable them you need a mod, there is already one made in the discord or you can make one yourself.
this is the best game i ever did play
The gameplay is awesome! Will the graphics change after the alpha version or is this the Art style of the game?
There are many many things I want to change. I plan to redo most of the block models, the UI will change a bit, the textures not sure, design of the ships definitely change, planet definitely change, ship combat change, items not sure, gameplay change a lot but mostly improvements, procedures/buttons change, vehicles will remain the same but made to work properly.
I just started playing, i gotta say im impressed so far! very cool game.
Thanks, if you want to follow the development, there is a discord channel where I post weekly updates.
do you think you can fix the mac version
It is not up to me, I just select the platform for creating the executables and click build. It is the game engine or Mac OS that are the cause of the problem, I don't have control over any of those 2. My opinion is that Apple simply blocks my game because Apple. Many other players have the same issue and the easiest/only solution (that I know of) is to download the windows version and to use Wine to run it in Mac OS. Perhaps next year I will upgrade to a newer version for the game engine that I use and this might fix the problem but for now I can't because I use APIs that are deprecated in newer versions.
Hey there is a bug with the reactor sliders in v 0.80
Sliders are not implemented (YET) and I already fixed the bug that spawns errors when you look at the handle but the fix will come in 0.8.1 (few weeks away).
Thanks for the feedback.
Is there any way to pause?
No, I built the game with multiplayer in mind from early development and pausing is not smart thing for multiplayer. And actually stopping everything is quite difficult to do programmatically, another possibility is to slow down the game time frame but that can cause all swords of problems if a second is no longer worth a second.
Anyone having trouble loading saved games? I'll play for a few hours then jump out and then I jump back on I get an error and have to start over...or last time my person ran out of air while flying my ship and I died.
1.Can you give me the error file from the Errors folder (preferably on discord), if I find what is the issue I will probably fix it.
2.Unless you manually vent the atmosphere or destroy the atmo tanks you shouldn't run out of it. Unless it was connected with the save/load bug.
I'll grab the next one, might be because I was traveling between two sectors when I jumped out. I tried a second game, in which I was traveling and I stopped my ship before logging off. Seems to have worked fine the second time. If it happens again I will send it on discord.
I really enjoy the feel of this game, but one problem and one question. I can't get multiplayer to work, i host it and my son attempts to join it lets him in and then just says downloading content and he just its there in the middle of nowhere and nothing ever happens. Is there a way to actually play together? Second one is with 0.8 there are no resources in space around you. in any mode. Do I need to jump somewhere else first? I have only played a few times, trying the training but died way to many times to learn much. I love the feel though.
1. That sounds like a bug. Multiplayer only works with Photon at the moment, do you see "photon server" top right after starting game?, if you see that, when others join do you get the notifications: player is downloading and player joined? Also there is a button Show Logs in Options, is there any yellow/red value in there to indicate a a warning/bug? If you want I can host a server to see if there is a bug.(find me on discord)
2. there are asteroid clusters(2-5) per sector, spacestations(2-5) per sector and planets(1-3 per sector), you need to wear the suit or to be in powered cockpit to see them on the hud. Or look at the sector map from the PDA. Also you need to build the mfmf drive( all blocks are in starter cargo) to get anywhere in the sector, with the 0.8.0 sectors are 1000 times bigger and the thrusters won't get you anywhere in a decent amount of time.
So the asteroid thing was just me being stupid. So my problem I am having with multiplayer. I get the game running and the server is up you the other person can't initiate the connection you can click on the connect to button but it never goes anywhere.
Found the glitch, the password prompter is invisible for some reason, I'll fix this in next patch.
Until then you can only connect if there is no password on the server.
Keep in mind that Adrorium is more like a prototype rather than a proper game and I don't usually have time to test anything more than the basic features.
hi. I cant get my mfm drive to activate on my ship. I have it but it wont activate what do I need to do to make it work?
Hey dude it's me again, I figured out the reason the game is broken on Mac. It's because the MacOS executable file for the game is corrupted. Everyone on Mac will have to stick with the wine program for now.
Can you make it so if our ship is in hyperspace you don't go flying out of the plane when you use a ladder?
Yes, but for that I need to implement the rooms framework which will come in v0.8.0. With that framework the inside of the ship will be known so the player will be permanently 'sicked' to the ship as long as you are inside it, even if you are floating without touching anything(when you use the ladder).
The unix file is called " Adrorium v0.7.2" and the folder/application "Adrorium v0.7.2.app", You mean to rename them to "Adrorium" ?, I will try it but why does the game engine(Unity) ask me for a name if it doesn't accept the one I give... I don't know anything about Mac OS.....
It's not plain text, the content looks like a executable (checked with text editor), so you said that If you renamed the file to Adrorium and the main folder to Adrorium.app the game will run normally(or If I build the game with those folder/file names)? Or just rename that file to "mac"? Many people complained about this and it would be great if I can finally find out the problem. Thanks again.
This is a very in depth game. I was originally expecting a minecraft knock off, but was pleasantly surprised to find out that that wasn't the case.
That said, as you can tell by the title of my video, I sort of lost my ship while I was out mining :( How do I find it?
Hy, thank you for doing a gameplay on the game.
I took notice of all the bugs/ places where new players get stuck and I will try to find solutions for them, including a helping screen.
1. X gets the closest target; (looking on other ships/asteroids and pressing right click while driveing will lock on to them)
2. locking on is indicated by the additional rhombus over the target and in you can see information about the target in the drive hud ant ship status screen
3. there's a screen near the toilet in which(press SCREEN button on stats console to power up) in which you can see all swords of important information about your ship & the target ship
4. enemy ship don't attack you after the hull has dropped under 49% (after the ship got disabled)
5.there is another block, furnace(near workstation), that has few more crafting recipes especially regarding prime materials
6. Q,E rotate(driving or jetpack), Space,C (up down in drive/jetpack), Ctrl(Small Scale MFM jump), Shift(use rocket engines)
7. weapons, shields and MFMD consume a lot of power, the rest consume a lot less.
8. to move extremely fast build a MFM Drive and press Ctrl ; also you need this drive to jump between sectors (it requires reactor,turbine as well)
9. the ship is supposed to be brought closer to the asteroid. just rotate your ship 180 degrees when you are near and press Shift(for rocket engines), also rocket engines are way more powerfull than thrusters but can only push you forward(shift)
10. if you press Esc, you will see a image with all the keybindings.
11. enemy drones only fire at ships but their AI personal turrets fire only at players.
12. in control panel you can change the alarm and there is a button 'Silence Alarm' that clears out that annoying sound.
13. as for that error that popped out in the middle of the screen, I will look into it
14. you can't get to the next sector just by thrusting towards it, you need the Mass Field Modulator Drive (MFMD) to jump there
Thank you again.
No problem. I'll do another let's play of this in the future in all likelihood. As I mentioned, the game itself was quite fun, it's just that I had no clue what I was doing. Thanks for the help!
Also have you considered making an official wiki for the game?
Hey there, my brother and i ADORE this game! One issue we've found that we can't play online together, any advice?
where do you get stuck, does the red text appear on the screen that indicates connection progress? can you please come to discord, its easier to speak there
Is there someplace I can get a list of items?
yes, there are 2 easy ways:
1.press H to enable debug mode then press V to enable creative menu, in the right all the items are listed(click on them to get them)
2..look in the Mods folder and in there there's a archive that contains a file 0Items.json, in there you will find a list of all the items and their properties(open with text editor).
Great potential! You should introduce this to a big company so they could fund your game for better assets
Well, I only do this as a hobby, and I intentionally leave the models on low quality to keep the fps high so it can run on potatoe pc's.
great game im so glad 32bit version so many game dont have the 32bit anymore! Thanks!!!!
Hy, I read your review and I have few questions, when you encountered the errors were you in multiplayer and did you have access to internet? Did you restart the game after the error occured?
Also a new version will come this/next week with many features including ability to hide errors and use singleplayer mode.
There is a file called error.log in error folder, it would help if you can send me that file to figure out what could have caused the errors.
In singleplayer I didn't encounter any error in my playtestings,
As for difficulty I really like the buttons, they are here to stay.
I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience, hope that will change with future versions.
Hi I play on mac and for some reason whenever I try to launch it says the game is damaged and can not open. Does anyone have any advice?
Hmm.... Yea, I hear about that bug a lot, my suggestion: try Wine(it runs Windows apps on mac).
This game is pretty genius i have no idea how to make the ship move/fly it tho but wow i can't believe this is free I always dreamt of such game based on gameplay and not graphics ;)
needs work, but so far this is looking pretty good x: the ui is kind of hard on the eyes xD but i like the style and the music. Keep up the work! cant wait to see where this is in the future, kind of gives me some pulsar vibes
i do reccomend adding more settings to the settings tho as soon as you can, mostly regarding resolution, auto scaling is nice but can also be deadly to the play experience and ui on certain displays as some displays do not support auto scaling or certain resolutions, so i could see alot of problems in that regard for alot of people.
can we have some support for 1024x768 resolutions?
added to my todo list
Thank you kind sir, would you have any answer as to why there is no 3d being rendered on my old laptop. Do you think it would be the laptop not supporting the game engine or would it be a fault with the game? Thank you if you find a solution :)
No 3D ? I don't understand the problem, no actual 3D models? I don't see how that can happen... The game is tested on windows7 and nobody reported that there are no 3D models before. I think the game engine supports win7,8,10 only. It also supports Linux and mac, there are downloadable version for those but they are untested. As for the resolution, it's not a static resolution, it has 2 adaptive mods:fullscreen and 90% of current resolution, both should work on any resolution. Please specify the OS, version, if you downloaded it once or more and what exactly can you see on the screen but even then I don't know if I can help, it might be from your pc.
Ok, I checked the game on resolution 1024x768 and it works perfectly fine, all canvas components fit the screen, all objects are in the normal visual ark, the only problem is the cockpit but I don't know what I can do about that because the drive display is a fixed object.... Other than that both fullscreen and windowed work fine.
I think that the reason it may not have been working was because what I am using is a laptop that I recently upgraded, but the Graphics Driver only supports OpenGL 1, so that might be why. But with other games that were tested they did not rn at all because of this or did not work as no 3D is being rendered. I am running Win7 ultimate edition with 3GB of DDR2 200pin RAM with a 1.73Ghz CPU and a 'Intel(R) Graphics Media Accellerator For Mobile'. Please see if you can fix this as your game is awesome and I respect that you may be busy because of how much there is to create in such a game and how many other people need help, but if it isn't due to me not installing the right drivers than it may be because your game currently does not support OpenGL 1. Please look into this when you get chance.
So, the relevant minimum requirements for windows are: Graphics card with DX10 (shader model 4.0) capabilities and CPU: SSE2 instruction set support. It might be the DirectX, try to download DX 11(latest), If your laptop does not support directX 10 there is nothing I can do about it, that is a requirement of the game engine. OpenGl is the 3D rendere for Linux and Mac, not for windows; DirectX is for windows. I saw a option to use OpenGl for windows but I don't have the time to investigate/compile such a custom build. I should have enough time after I release this version(0.7.0) but please write to me again after I finish this version to remind me to compile it with that special modification.
Thanks for your help, I believe that the laptop is capable of directx10, even though it is extremely old. I hope you have a great time creating your game, cause its awesome :D
This is free and can i buy and support?
Free as the air you breath. I do not accept any monetary support at the moment but once the game will have enough playable features I will. On the other hand you can join the discord chat and follow the development if you want.
So im kinda new to the whole linux thing and i cant quite figure out how to run the game?
I never tested the game on linux and I have no idea how to run it, but some fast googling reveals that you should rightclick and set the file as a executable then double click. Another possibility is to open the terminal in that folder and run the file as any other application from terminal "./Adrorium v0.6.1.x86_64". I found more answers but you can find them as well on google.
I love the game, and especially the unique game mechanics, I am really looking forward to the full game, but I do have one problem, while playing through the tutorial, my gatling guns were damaged, I spent the entire drone fight running back and forth collecting missiles, so I would really like to know how to repair the ship? The tutorial did not tell me, and I cannot figure it out how on my own, I know it has something to do with the ?welder?, please help.
The ship is fine but some systems were knocked offline, you just have to restart them from the consoles.
On 0.6.1 there is no way to allow for you to use the Main Power! You can't even start your ship! I don't know what to do. I'm on a mac if that helps at all. I love the newest version, but I keep having to use 0.6.0 instead.
Main power is not a energy source, but a grid, you have to power it up with a strong energy source(turbines(they require plasma)). for starting up the ship use the batteries to power the aux. grid first, but don't discharge them!(last battery button);
could not even get it to open on my mac. it got stuck at title screen